Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

Term 3 Reflection

My reflection this term was taken from
http://kidsedchatnz.blogspot.co.nz/ 

My class completed it as well. 

  1. What have you learnt about in term 3? Has it been easy or difficult to learn? Why?
    I have learnt many things this term. It has been a roller coaster. I have struggled at times to keep things straight in my head. I have learnt that the hardest part of my job isn't the planning, or organisation or the kids - it is the working with adults, and leading. 
  2. What is something (eg a sport, hobbies, cultural etc) that you have learnt outside of school? Why do you do take part in these activities? I have learnt a lot about science. I am studying and currently doing really well. I have had 3 A's this term even though I have been busy with school science fair, and managing my work load. 
  3. What words would you use to describe term 3 for you and your class? Busy, learning, happy. It is a good place to be in room 9. Generally we are happy, and get on. There has been a few issues with girls - but that has settled down again. 
  4. What praise has your teacher given you this term? I am horrible at giving myself praise. I beat myself up when things aren't going the way I want them to. I have been told by other teachers that I am doing a good job. 
  5. What has been one challenge that you have faced in term 3? How have you beaten this challenge? There have been many challenges this term. Science fair was a big one. It was about dealing with the unknown, and managing that. Dealing with staff - and having to be a leader and confront people about things not being done correctly. Also talking to people about 
  6. Did you have any goals for term 3? How did you achieve them? My goals are usually very large, and I tend to over plan for the term. I didn't acheive everything I wanted to. However my students did work towards some really aceheivable authentic tasks for inquiry. I love how they really embraced the feedback I gave them after science fair and took off on their own journey, questioning themselves, and making sure they asked questions of others. 
  7. What advice do your teachers, friends and families give you about learning? What does it mean?  Learning never stops, this has been something I have always known. I am a curious person, and google is really my friend. I read non-stop, and so does my family. I am very grateful to them for the love of learning, and the love of books, reading and knowledge. 
  8. What goals or aims do you have for term 4 and how do you plan to achieve them? Term 4 I want to plan a unit without trying to worry about what I need to fit in school curriculum wise. I am worried about this - I know time is short again but I think I can have some authentic positive learning experiences for my students. I am also really looking forward to Adventure week - white water rafting is going to be REALLY cool. 
  9. What do you think you will be doing in 10 years and what will you be learning? In 10years I hope still to be a classroom teacher. Possibly a team leader - but I love the time I spend with my class. I would potentially want to teach at a small rural school sometime - but I still love the idea of an intermediate and how it challenges students at a time in their lives they are challenging the norms in their lives. Potentially I could be studying towards my masters - although I think I will be doing my own Dora Explorer  as per normal. 
  10. What does it mean to be a life long learner and why is this important? I strongly believe that learning never stops. Technology changes around us so fast that it is impossible for anyone to stop learning - if you want to participate in society you need to be willing to learn new ways of doing things. I for one will not ever stop learning, exploring and going on adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment