Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

Material World: Being a Scientist: Doing Chemistry

I really enjoy Chemistry as a subject and specifically cannot remember ever not enjoying the subject. (Except for possibly writing chemical equations and solving what chemical change had occurred?) Hands on experiments have always been interesting to me and I have always wondered about how things work and why things happen. To me Chemistry seeks to explain things.  
Compared to my Living world investigation I have had much more fun. This is something I could see myself sharing with students and seeing them enjoy. The fun was definitely in the hands on experimenting. Creating a mess, and seeing my question and wondering being answered. 
I choose to investigate bubbles. Who doesn't like blowing bubbles? So I set up my home chemistry lab (Kitchen Bench) and proceed to make a mess.
Wine Glasses make excellent home beakers - because they were higher off the bench it allowed me to see what I was creating. 

Not for human consumption!
Caught in the act! 

RESULTS! Bubble!

Assignment Material World:

No comments:

Post a Comment