Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

Student Lead Conferences

Plus
Great to see students confidently talking about their learning with their parents.
The 107 things my class identified we had done so far this year.
Hearing students use words that they didn't know at the start of the term, but confidently used the, in ways that made sense.
Independent students, I didn't have to lead them to speak, they were able to articulate their learning.
Students were able to show their parents their work on the wall, and all students had multiple pieces on display.

Minus
That one parent who demands to speak to me, and just wants to know numbers and doesn't seem to care their child has had their own successes regardless of national standards
Being at school 11hours two days in a row. This is partly my fault, but early mornings mean successfully set up day for myself.
The parents who don't book appointments

Challenge-Interesting-Change
I wouldn't change anything. Although maybe re-educating parents that it's important for all children to share their learning and where they spend 25hours each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment